:-{ + π = ♥

Thoughts and scribbles of the mustache pie persuasion

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lefty Loo

Lefties FTW!

Can I just say as a southpaw there are a few things that bug me:

  • Right-handed people coming up to me when I write or do something with my left hand and asking, "Ohh, are you left-handed?"
Do I come up to you and ask if you're right-handed? Nope. Do I come up to other people using their left hands to ask if they're left-handed? Nope. That's just weird.

  • Scissors
Scissors are a bunch of bullshit. It's hard to cut when you're left-handed. And when I was younger, the only left-handed scissors were shitty, all-metal pieces of crap that wouldn't cut anything. I had to watch while all those right-handed kids had their snub-nosed, plastic-handled, super sweet scissors that actually cut things and try to jab at my paper in the hopes that I could stab it in the right shape.

  • Smudges while writing
It's nearly impossible to write left-handed without smudging the ink, pencil, etc. on the paper and one's hand. It gets frustrating, and quite messy.
  • Chalkboards/dry erase boards
I love to write on these things, but damned if it isn't one of the hardest things to do. Sure, smudges were already listed, but chalkboards and dry erase boards are even worse. The words don't just smudge, usually they get totally erased!

And most of all...

  • Handshakes
Shaking hands is terrible. We're trained to go in with the right hand for the right hand, but my instinct always shouts "use the left, go for the left. left left left!" And when that happens, who has to change what she's doing? Me. You righties all look impressed when you see me writing with my left hand or using chopsticks with my left hand, but when it comes to hand shakes, you do not want to see a left hand doing anything. Well, that's a bunch of malarky!

Being a lefty is the bomb diggity. It means I can write backwards super easily just like Da Vinci and amaze all your right-handed brains :P

No comments:

Post a Comment