:-{ + π = ♥

Thoughts and scribbles of the mustache pie persuasion

Saturday, October 23, 2010

You say goodbye, I say

Hello,
I love you,
and when times get tough
let's keep it off the epidermis
and shred paper instead
or punch a pillow
or a wall
or pull the heads off dolls
instead of squishing everything down
into that icky sticky worn-out spot
at this terrible horrible no good very bad moment
that we catch like clockwork

because
Hello?
I love you.
I love you, I love you, I love you.
And all those dangerous thoughts
they'll be the death of us
or so I've read
but I pinky-promise
we can soak up our crazy
and wring it out
with
streaming
screaming
snot-nosed
wretchedness
and let it run together
until there is no next time

but let's just stop
ok?
let's just not

this time

let's just not
go down the thin, glinting edge
of that graffiti-scarred road

and we can pass electronic notes
instead
when we feel like pouring out the contents of our heads
into the oven
or across the wall

because Hello,
I love you.
You're my favorite kind of trouble
and I'd love to be your sidekick until the end of time
but you kind of have to be there
and if we make a date
I promise to make it, too

because Hello,
I love you.
I love you, I love you, I love you,
and I'd like to see
if the rumors are true
and everything could be ok
even if we are just a couple of weathered
badass bitches at the end
there could be a double rainbow at the end of this shit-storm
That's one for each of us
so you'd better meet me there
or maybe we'll carpool
'cause you can't drive anyway.

4 comments: