:-{ + π = ♥

Thoughts and scribbles of the mustache pie persuasion

Thursday, June 17, 2010

College Was Bumming Me Out


So that second half is gonna have to wait.

But maybe that will mean I post more, and Betsy won't be the only daily blogger, eh?


And so I give you a poem:

Choco taco crunchy delight
remnant of a childhood reward
sweeter than a cinnamon twist
and all from Taco Bell on Power Road
by the places I once went
preceded by a Nachos Bell Grande
that seems too dry now
Weren't you better before?
Or was that simply the novelty
of a chocolate ice cream taco
with the only sauce I ever wanted
more chocolate
and were there nuts on top?
or was that lettuce
I'm not sure
But choco taco,
you're like Hawaiian Shaved Ice
or Pie from Village Inn
You're a deep-rooted desire
like test tubes and brand new rocks
and all my dreams are sure to come true
if I just take a bite of you
and remember how it felt
when I held you in my little hand
as we drove away
triumphant
and bell-shaped bushes marked the path to success

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love how you tagged me.

    2. (and more importantly) I miss when Taco Bell was actually delicious.

    3. I love your quirky poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. What happened, Taco Bell? What happened?

    ReplyDelete